- Contributing to the internal financial control of the Ministry and its affiliated institutions and thereby conducting a continuous survey and an independent evaluation on the regularity and quantity of internal inspections utilized to reveal and prevent financial irregularities and frauds of the institutions.
- Examine the sufficiency and the success of administrative methods utilized to prevent irregularities and frauds.
- Look in to whether the existing accounting procedure provides information required to prepare accurate financial statements.
- Evaluation of the performance of the staff in execution of the duties entrusted.
- Examination of the protection and of assets of the Ministry.
- Inspection of whether the Establishments Code, Financial Regulations of the government, Public Administration Circulars, Treasury Circulars and other supplementary instructions are followed.
- Examination of the success of the methods of internal administration utilized to reveal and to avoid wastage, idle capacity and excessive expenditure.
- Conducting special investigations when necessary.
- Conducting Audit and Management Committee Meetings and follow up of its decisions.
- Responding Audit Queries of the Auditor General’s Department and follow up of actions taken.
- Implementing above functions in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan.
Special Programmes / Projects / Workshops
- Conducting Audit and Management Committee Meetings
- Conducting random inspections
- Monitoring of Regional Transmission Stations and Provincial Broadcasting Stations
- Supervision of the performance of institutions affiliated to the Ministry.
Formats / Acts / Workshops
- Financial Regulations
- Establishments Code
- Other Guidance
Main Hierarchy ( Designation, Contact Numbers )
Mr. S.A.N.R. Subhasingha Chief Internal Auditor
011-2513 497 011-2513 497